HRBC RulesWhat to do, and what not to do
- Contest is open only to amateur home brewers that are active members in good standing of a participating club. Professional brewers, even if club members, are not eligible.
- Only one entry permitted per person per competition unless otherwise noted.
- You may register your entry by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with appropriate information
- Only one entry allowed per person per competition. In the case of multiple entries by a person, HRBC staff will select one of the entries at random for official judging.
Deadline for Entry Registration
- Online entry and registration form will be available between opening and closing registration dates noted for each competition (generally the first day of the month of the competition through the Sunday prior to the competition date.
- Email entry registration must be received within the opening and closing times and dates specified.
- Entrants must submit two (2) 12 or 22 ounce bottles, and caps must be plain or blacked out to hide identifying features
- Entries will be judged based on the information on the bottle label. It is incumbent on the entrant to label bottles completely, accurately and in accordance with the BJCP 2021 Style Guidelines. Failure to do so may result in disqualification or inaccurate judging.
- Bottles may be dropped off at American Homebrew Supply in Norfolk, Brew & Bottle in Newport News or any other spot designated for that particular competition no later than Noon on Sunday before the following Wednesday’s judging. This ensures the HRBC staff has opportunity to collect bottles.
- Submissions become the property of the HRBC however, should an entrant wish to collect an unused second bottle, it is the entrant’s responsibility to collect the unused bottle.
- The BJCP 2021 Syle Guidelines will be used for judging (see competition requirements).
- Judging will be done based on the style information provided on the bottle label.
- Categories may be combined or separated depending on number of entries and judges available.
- BJCP score sheets will be used and all official entries will receive comments on their entries.
- These competitions individually and as a whole are not officially sanctioned by the BJCP, so no BJCP points will be given.
- Judges decisions are final.
Scoring and Points
- All participants will be awarded one (1) point for entering (online entry and bottles required to collect entry point).
- An additional two (2) points will be awarded for entries selected to compete in the Mini Best of Show that do not place First, Second, or Third.
- Overall First, Second and Third place finishers, as determined by the Mini Best in Show, will receive an additional five (5) points, four (4) points, and three (3) points respectively.
- Points will be cumulative for each individual during the competition year with an annual, overall winner being determined by the entrant with the most points after the final competition.
- Scoresheets will be available to entrants for pickup upon completion of event.
- Entrants are responsible for getting their scoresheets at the event, or arranging with an attending club representative to pick them up at the event.
- Should any scoresheets not be collected by the entrant or a representative at the event, it is up to the entrant to arrange pickup of the scoresheet.
- The date, time, and location of each competition will be listed on the entry page and on the submission confirmation.
- Should date, times, or location need to be changed, the changes will be noted on the HRBC Web Page as well as member clubs’ pages and/or social media..
- We encourage members of all the member clubs to attend and learn/teach others about judging and stewarding.
© 2016-2019 Brewers Cup.